Running a marathon

Thursday, December 7, 2006

It's official.

I'm running a marathon, and I thought I'd start this blog to keep track of my progress (or lack thereof.) Hopefully, this will keep me motivated. Or....maybe it won't! We'll see :)

I turned in my paperwork for Team in Training yesterday, and they sent me a schedule of workouts - where I should be when the "team" officially meets in January. It actually didn't look too bad. This coming from a girl who has only run 5ks in her life. Yesterday was a day for cardio - 30-45 minutes of it, and I had already done Tae-bo, so I felt pretty darn good.

Today, I was supposed to run between 3 and 4 miles. Well, I walked a mile at lunch, and by the time I got home at 4:45, it was snowing...HARD. But, I ran. I only ran just over 2 miles, but I still did it, and I'm glad I did. Though, it's 2 hours since I got back, and my body is still kind of frozen.

Not sure what's on the schedule for tomorrow, but for the first two days of "training", I think I'm going to like this.

More on Team in Training later!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home