Running a marathon

Thursday, April 12, 2007

b.o.r.i.n.g.

I ran 10 miles last weekend - by myself. I was in Lake Waccamaw and we plotted out five miles - and then I could turn around and run back to the house. The first five miles were easy. A little freaky, because I was scared the alligators were going to jump out of the canal and eat me, but the scenery was pretty. Lots of pretty houses, and I was right on the lake (lake on one side, canal on the other side of me.)

Miles six through ten sucked. The wind was terrible (the weather decided to turn all crazy in April) and I had nobody to talk to. I'm used to the group of runners.

It's supposed to rain this weekend - I'm hoping it'll hold off until Saturday afternoon. If it looks too threatening, I'll run my 14 miles tomorrow...by myself.

In good TNT news, I've almost met my goal! With all of the donations, and company matching gifts, I'm $60 short of my goal of $2200. That's AWESOME, and it makes me feel so much better about running in TWO WEEKS. Of course, if you want to donate, visit www.active.com/donate/tntwnc/JBinde

Till next time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home