Running a marathon

Monday, April 23, 2007

Less than a week

I have less than a week - only five nights of sleep - less than six days - until I run my marathon. It's pretty scary. I've run into several people who are running the Country Music Half Marathon, and tonight I met a girl who ran a marathon in February. The comments she made about how much miles 24-26 are going to suck stick out in my mind the most.

I'm not going to wear my iPod during the race - there are going to be more than 50 bands out on the course, so I don't think there will be a need. Who knows? I may change my mind before Saturday morning.

I ran my last "long" run this past Saturday. I ran 10 miles. I felt great. I still feel good. Besides a cold that I've been fighting off, I don't think I've ever felt better. I'm going to run this thing, if it kills me...which it may!

My ten miles this weekend was done by myself. Nobody who is running with me on Saturday showed up to our practice. It wasn't so bad, actually. I entertained myself for just under two hours, though I had Will Hoge on the iPod to help me through it. That's why I'm thinking that I may change my mind about my music. What better way to get through this ordeal, than with Will in my head?

Anyway, just a few more days. I'm not sure if I'll take my laptop to Nashville, or not, but I'll definitely update on Sunday.

Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home